Not Sure How To Handle This

So, I've been saying for the past several years that I didn't want to have kids. Well, now things are changing.

…..Yes you read that right.....

I'm starting to reconsider having kids. It comes at the most inopportune time in mine and my husband's life. Granted he doesn't know yet. 

Yeah...I haven't told him that I am reconsidering the whole kids thing. Especially after his arrest and now depression and a migraine that won't freaking disappear. So, now, I'm not sure how to bring it up. 

I don't want to add any additional stress to him because I don't want him to go completely off the deep end. That's the LAST thing that I need. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he'd love to be a dad. I'm sure that he would love to know what I'm thinking about as far as this is concerned. But I don't know how to bring it up to him. 

UNLESS.....

Maybe, just maybe, I should put feelers out there. Be like, "I have this friend who has always said that she didn't want kids. Said that for a long while. Well now all of a sudden, she wants them. She's afraid to tell her husband. What do you think?" or "How would you handle that if that was me?" And just see what he says. 

Or just lay it out as a "What if" type thing. "What if I said I was starting to change my mind about having kids...how would you feel?" 

Just to see what he said. 

I just don't want him to shut down. I'm terrified that he would shut down all together if I asked such a thing. But I do have to know. Maybe once we get his migraine under control again I'll ask. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's

Kinda sad too