Work

I work at Wal-Mart now. Not sure if I have written about this or not, so if I have, I'm sorry for the repeat.

lol!!!

Anywho, I work at Wal-Mart now. It's not bad at all. My job is phone operator/fitting room attendant. I also put up freight (new stock/items) in the lingerie and ladies sleep wear portion of ladies' wear. I am also cash register trained and I help in jewelry on occasion. Yes, it's a lot. Well, to some people it doesn't seem like it's a lot.

Here's a rundown of what I have to do in one day:
1) Check for freight in the back.
2) If there is any for me, I pull it out to the floor.
3) Grab me a buggy (or cart) and get started on what I need to do.
4) After 2 hours, take a break. (FYI, we HAVE to take a break every 2 hours regardless.)
5) While trying to put out the new stock that I have, answer the phones and let customers in and out of the fitting rooms, while trying to count how many items each customer has, also while trying to not let people try on panties/mens underwear/girls panties/shaper undergarments.
6) When the last person exits the fitting room, close and lock all the doors back.
7) After walking away five feet, running back to the phone because it's ringing again.
8) Oh, can I hold the jewelry keys while you go to lunch?? Sure!!! You're going to be gone for an hour. That's fine!!!
9) Walk away with your 2 walkie talkies in hand.
10) "Customer needs assistance in jewelry," says a manager. "On my way!!!" I say.
11) Put the main phone on Night Service because there won't be anyone around the fitting room to answer the phones while I'm in jewelry.
12) Take the radios with you just in case I have to call for a manager over to jewelry to help me.
13) Stay in jewelry for 45 minutes because you have an influx of customers.
14) Actual jewelry associate returns from lunch. I rejoice in this fact because I have 9 more boxes of my freight to work on.
15) Walk back to the fitting room and lingerie.
16) Attempt to work on freight again for a little while.
17) You go find someone who can listen out for the fitting room and that is willing to hold the radios while you eat.
18) While you eat, contemplate how you will finish ALL of that freight in 3 hours, because you get to sit down to eat for 1 hour.
19) Return from lunch.
20) Attempt to finish freight.
21) 8:30 p.m. rolls around. You realize you have 4 boxes left and a shit ton of empty, already broken down boxes and trash that you have to take to the back.
22) Write a quick note stating that you were in jewelry for 45 minutes, that the phones rang non stop, and that the fitting room was super busy. Explain that you tried to get all of your assigned freight out that day and apologize for not being able to. Also, you hope that your department manager isn't upset with you the next day.
23) By this time its about 8:35. You lock the fitting room doors up and grab the keys for the fitting room. You also do a quick walk through of your department to make sure that it doesn't look like a tornado went through it.
24) Now it's 8:45. You HAVE to get your stuff to the back before you clock out.
25) 8:50 now. Took 5 minutes to get to the trash bin and the box crusher because you were helping other customers find what they need.
26) 8:57 now. Now time to bin in your keys. That takes about 5 minutes in and of itself. You're 2 minutes late clocking out.
27) Clock out and grab your stuff out of your locker.
28) #ByeWork

That's most of my days in a giant nutshell! Crazy, yes. But so worth it. Just glad to have a job.

Moral of the story is this: Not everything is as it seems. Also, be grateful that you have a job that provides for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's

Kinda sad too