Stupid stupid stupid!!!

Now that I have your attention with the title, I can now explain what I mean!!! lol

Anyways, I had an appointment with an OB-GYN thru UAB. That's all great and wonderful...until I got their bill. My husband and I have now have Humana insurance. It's a PPO not an HMO, which basically means I can go anywhere just about. Apparently, an OB-GYN is a "specialty" doctor. I had to pay $128.56 for my visit. I had NO clue that I would get screwed over so badly by going to see a female doctor. Then today, I get a bill for 75 bucks and some change for apparently them sending my pap smear stuff to the pathology lab!!! WTF is this kind of shit??!

Needless to say, I am NOT a happy fucking camper right now. If I knew that this was going to happen, I would not have even gone to see an OB-GYN. I would have found a regular doctor and had them do all the tests. At the same time, I'm not sure if they would have charged me for the pathology test. I know that I need one every three years. But I don't want to pay that much for the stupid lab fees!!!

I do have a family history of uterine cancer. Not sure if I have a family history of cervical cancer or not. I do know that it can pop up regardless if you have a family history of it or not. My husband isn't happy about it either. He doesn't seem to fully understand WHY I have to go and see an OB-GYN. He thinks, and believes, that they are only for if you get pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or if you have some major female issues. He has NO clue to how bad my periods really get. He has NO clue to what an OB-GYN really does for women's care.

They aren't just for pregnant women. They are for ALL women starting, generally, at the age of 18. Some females have to go much earlier than that. He says that I shouldn't have to go to an OB-GYN until the age of 40. Sorry dude, that's for mammograms!!!! But I also have a big family history of breast cancer. Multiple family members on both of my parents sides have had it.

I just wish he could really understand the importance of me having this kind of doctor.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's

Kinda sad too