Disney Princess Stories

I grew up with them. I loved them. They were the BEST fairy tales ever!!! I watched the movies all the time growing up. I couldn't get enough of them. 


Let's fast forward to the present.


People are now saying the stories are sexist. That they wish that they weren't here. All because they tell girls that they aren't as smart as boys and tells girls that they deserve massive pieces of  jewelry if the man really loves them. That their man needs to be rich. That girls can't do what boys can do...climb trees, play in the dirt, go hunting, financially take care of the family, etc. (I saw a story that pretty much stated this on AOL). 


What I don't get is how parent's are always so serious with their kids now a days. I get that everything kinda sucks, but let your kids be kids and have imaginations. Didn't they believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy??! I did. Tell your kids that these princess stories are fairy tales...that they AREN'T real!!! Tell your kids that they deserve the very best, but it doesn't matter about how much money he makes (can he provide for you). Tell them all that matters in the end is love. That's what these stories portray to me. These women wound up with love. They just happened to rich as all get out. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's

Kinda sad too