Why do you not....

...spank your child(ren)?

I was spanked as a child and I don't hate my parent's for it. I'm not in any kind of therapy because of it. I am actually a better person for it. I never once was taken away by DHR for it.

Why you ask??!

Because that's how I was disciplined. It seems like more parents now a days are more terrified of their own children than the children are of their parents. I was a little spoiled, but not like kids are now (or it seems like they are). I say that because it seems like kids that are 6, 8, or 10 or older are DEMANDING Wii's, PS3's, XBOX 360's (all 3 sometimes with everything that comes with each game), an iPhone 4, ect...you get the picture.

I didn't get a tv in my room until I was like in the 3rd or 4th grade. I didn't get a cell phone until I was in like high school (YES you read that right!!!). I knew my boundaries, even though sometimes I tested those boundaries. I knew the consequences for each thing, too. I was either whipped with a hand, switch, paddle, or belt or I was grounded for x-amount of time for each offense. I feared my parents, only to grow up to respect them more. The rules they set for me and my sister were clear and dry.

There wasn't any of this, "If you do A, B, and C...then I'll give you X, Y, and Z.".....or anything of the sort. It was, "Do it now or you will receive consequence 1, 2, or 3. Your choice!" If they said it a 2nd time, we got into trouble. It was always easier to do it the first time.

So, someone PLEASE explain to me WHY it's so wrong to discipline your child(ren) in public or private??! Why is it ok for the kids to be in charge, to control what the rules are??!

I HATE when kids are back talking their parents IN PUBLIC!!! Used to, if kids did that in public, then they got into trouble right then and there. Parents used to never accept that kind of behavior in public (or private) from their own kids.

WHAT WENT WRONG??!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's

Kinda sad too