Learning something new everyday

Everyone learns something new everyday about their relationship with their bf/gf/fiance/husband/wife; while in class; while at work; almost anywhere you learn something new.

I've learned something about my engagement, as well. Hopefully someone on here can take this lesson to heart as well.

If you are in an extreamly serious relationship, think about something. Can you imagine a life without your significant other? If you CAN imagine a life without him or her, then you need to get out of it...or at least talk with them and figure out WHY you feel this way. If you CAN'T imagine a life without them, then you are in the right place.

I've done that myself.....many times. Over the course of a year, I can't imagine my life without Patrick. I don't want to be without him at all. Don't get me wrong, the first three (3) months of the relationship, I questioned if I was in the right place at the right time. That was because of a man named Brad.

Please remember 1 fact about me: I want kids, but not right now. I am not in a position, money wise OR mentally, to have a child(ren) at this point in my life. I am ready to be married. I want to go back to school and try to get through college with GOOD grades. I want to graduate with my nursing degree. I want to do 2 things, which I have stated above, before I have children. Get married and get through school. I also would like to enjoy my husband before children invade our lives.

Brad told me this story of, "I WOULD ONLY ASK ONE THING OF YOU...THAT YOU GO OFF OF YOUR BIRTH CONTROL. I WANT KIDS, TOO. I'D MARRY YOU IF YOU GOT PREGNANT." I almost fell for it, too.

Only thing keeping me away was the TRUE love coming from Patrick; all the good things he was giving me. How Patrick looked at me. He loves me no matter what.

I had to decide WHO was better for me.....and I did. Patrick is the one that's the best for me. He's the one that has NOT led me on. He's the one that has ALWAYS been there for me...that will do ANYTHING for me. He LOVES me at all times. He thinks of me all of the time. He is always the one that comes to mind when I am down and out. I smile more and I smile bigger because of Patrick. I'd be lost without him.

If I had chosen Brad (who, might I add, is 20 years older than I am) I wouldn't be happy. There is a possibility that I'd be miserable. There would also be a chance that I'd be ex-wife number 4.

I am NOT willing to be that person for Brad. I know that I deserve to be happy. I know that I deserve to be treated with respect. I know that I deserve to be loved no matter what. I know that my opinion should be heard and appreciated...not ignored by a man that is set in his ways.

I have told my fiance to never be afraid to tell me no....which he has on occasion. But he generally gives in. Most men ted to give in. I am spoiled by Patrick. I also spoil him. I also say no to him from time to time.

My advice is this: IF you try to imagine a life without your significant other and can't, then you are in the right place. IF you try to imagine your life without your significant other and CAN, then either leave or figure out WHY this is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's

Kinda sad too