Kinda sad too

About a month ago, my general manager quit. I had a panic attack while at work once I had his departure confirmed. 

I needed that man more than he will EVER know. I still need him. I really do. He made the days better. He listened to me. He cared about me. Was I spoiled? Yes I was. 

Is the fact that I was spoiled why, even a month later, the reason I still have a hard time. Maybe...just a little. 

The worst is that I trusted this man. I trusted him SO much. And he trusted ME. He seemingly cared about me more than I care to admit. 

I also have found out where he now works. I won't say it here. At least, not right now. Give him some time to settle in. 

I only hope good things for him. I really do. Granted, I feel like this man broke me. Even though I feel that way, I will ALWAYS wish him the best. I will ALWAYS have his back. I know he still has mine. At least I hope he does. 

Tyler, if you ever see this, please know that I am rooting for you. Please know that you can always use me as a professional reference. Please know that I will forever have your back. Please know that I wasn't going to let you drown. Please know that I defended you and your name. I saw the good in you. And you saw the good in me. 

Tyler, you gave me my first restaurant job knowing that I had ZERO experience in the food industry. You took a chance on me. A massive one. I am forever grateful to you for that. I will forever love you for that. You were one of a handful of people who actually believed in me. One of a handful of people who cheered me on. Picked me up when I fell. Told me what I needed to hear, even when it was hard. Cried with me. 

Tyler, I still had a LOT to learn from you when you quit. A lot. You really didn't have to quit. You really didn't. I still need you...more than I care to admit. I can say this, though. I'm not running away from this catering promotion. I have felt you gently pushing me towards it. What I learned from you is that I need to face my biggest fears. I just wish you were here with me still. 

Tyler, when I texted you to tell you that I got it, you seemed to honestly be happy for me. I wanted this position with you by my side. Not without you. Now I am having to learn how to do this without your guidance. I just hope that I can make you proud. I really do. I will forever miss you as my guide, my confidant, my friend, and my boss. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's