I'm not sure how to feel about this

So, this one lady that I (used to) work with no longer works where I work. She had interviewed and got the position of "shift manager" at Moe's. 

Great!!! Awesomeness!!! Whatever.

But she had been saying that if our GM didn't get his act together (whatever) and didn't give her more hours, she was going to leave. She had also been saying that she was interviewing at Moe's and one or two other places as a backup plan.

Ok, cool. You do you. I'll support you no matter what. 

So, she puts in her notice and tells our scheduling manager that she'd work out the week this week, but not to schedule her for NEXT week. I'm going out on a limb by saying that it sounds like she's going to be starting her new job at that point in time. 

But, I digress. 

She calls me today bitching about my GM. Saying that he took her hours away even though she is claiming that she was going to work out some of her hours for the week that's been posted. She claims that he told her that he took them away because he needed to give them to people that was going to stay with the company and all that jazz. 

Fine...whatever.

Well, you put in your notice, lady. He has EVERY right to say that he no longer needs you to work there. He also has the right to reallocate those hours to other people. You aren't going to be working for this particular company any more, so why should he entertain you? Yes, you are back in management. 

(My GM was screwed over by another associate not too long ago who turned in their notice, then called in or gave up some of their shifts. So my GM had to tell him not to come in, that he was no longer needed and gave the remaining shifts to other people. He went ahead and nipped this lady in the bud and told her from the get go not to worry about coming back in. I applaud him for that.)

She was supposed to have been a great friend of mine. But it turns out she wasn't. She talked shit not only about me, but about several other people as well as a couple managers. 

Am I sad that she is no longer there?? Fuck no. Am I happy that she isn't there?? Yes and no. Yes, because I don't have to listen to her bitch and complain about everything from her hours to the GM "not doing his job". Am I relieved?? Hell yeah I am!!!!! 

I just need my GM to tread lightly for a while. I'm not 100% sure how people feel about some of the other stuff going on, and especially not about this. I have a gut feeling that my store will have another big huge flush of people. I'm staying cause I can't really afford to leave. I love where I am. But it's not looking good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Cry's

Kinda sad too